Thursday, June 6, 2013

Uncommon Goods iPhone Contest

I am really THRILLED to be selected as one of the 16 artists/semifinalists in the Uncommon Goods iphone cover design contest.

Check out my design here.

This is how the contest works:
1. Sixteen designs were chosen. Uncommon goods will allow voting on these designs for 6 days at their website. As an aside, you can vote for lots of other things, too-- they frequently put design ideas before the public to gauge their reactions. Check it out. 

2. At the end of that time, the five top-voted designs will be put before their panel of professional judges.

3. The judges will then pick their top choice, which will be made into an iphone cover. Cool, huh?

All the runner's up will also get feedback and advice from the judging panel (which is SUPER SUPER awesome and cool in its own right).

So, take a gander at the designs and throw a vote my way if you like my clockwork bugs.

No pressure if that's not your thing. But peruse their site-- there are a lot a really neat designs there (my top choices are the boy with the fox, the underwater swimmer, the vintage phones, and my own (it would be, right)?)

Also, you have until Friday June 7th to enter my contest to win two books by the talented Stephanie Kate Strohm. Visit yesterday's post to sign up.




14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer-- I am thrilled to be considered. I know people just say that, but in this case it's true. It's huge to just get your art "out there" to the public. :0)

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! I love Uncommon Goods--it's my go-to for gift-buying. Good luck--I'm headed over to vote right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca-- I saw your comment on UG-- very cool! I really love their stuff, and I love that they try to bring the consumer into the conversation about the goods they carry. Such a cool concept. :0)

      Delete
  3. So awesome! Congrats on being selected! I love your design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ghenet, I am super excited. It's such a great platform-- and, honestly, I really love several of the other designs, too. :0)

      Delete
  4. This is so cool, Kat! I adore your design and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it for my phone. Off to vote now... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Katy-- I'm really excited to be picked. :0)

      Delete
  5. Kat, I think I say this every time I see a new drawing you've done: You are SO talented. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly-- I've missed you! I need to send you a real email. :0)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on being picked as a semi-finalist! Good luck in the final round although I'm not sure you'll need it! Your clockwork damselfly is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I make it to the finals, Erin. It's all about the voting now-- and there are a lot of really cool designs. :0)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you. But not surprised--your designs have always been so lovely and clever.

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.