Friday, May 3, 2013

Marvelous Middle Grade MAY Challenge



I'm super excited to participate in Deb Marshall's Marvelous Middle Grade May Challenge! I heard about this challenge from Jenn Pickrell and was thrilled to see Joanne from My Brain on Books is taking part, too (I have learned about SO MANY great MG books from her posts).

Here is the sign-up for the challenge.

It's still early days of May, sign up!

Deb's giving away prizes, but the real benefit is reading some awesome Middle Grade, not to mention hearing about what everyone else is reading!

Here's my Middle Grade to read list for the month (subject to change as I hear about great books this month): 

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Roderick Rules by Jeff Kinney (family read-aloud)

The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster

The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate

Attica by Gary Killworth

I'm also finishing Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool with my middle grade book club


I'll keep you posted on my progress! Let me know if you're planning to take part, too.

Even if you're not-- what's a great MG you can recommend that I read this month?



5 comments:

  1. The fact that I can't think of a single MG to recommend probably means that I need to get reading some. I have a tendency to read pretty well only YA. I've branched out lately to classics, but I think maybe I could branch out a bit more.

    Good luck on your MG challenge! Can't wait to hear about the ones you love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, Jaime-- I go in stages. Lots of MG for a while, then a bunch of regular adult fiction, then YA. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN! Just read it for a book club last month. I hope you like it, too. I'm excited to hear what you think about MOON OVER MANIFEST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool Rebecca-- I am really looking forward to Ivan. I love that cover. The kids and I have enjoyed Moon over Manifest-- I should sit down and devote some time to it, because I think I'd finish it pretty quickly.

      Delete
    2. Did you finish them yet, Kat? I loved Ivan and Moon Over Manifest. They're both wonderful, unique stories.

      Delete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.