Monday, April 8, 2013

What I'm Digging

So many things are mesmerizing me these days, not least of which is SPRING-- which I'm going to go out on a limb and say really has come to Connecticut. Here are a few more of the things I'm loving right now.

Thrift Shop
Yes, I know it has been around for months. Yes, we have to listen to the G version because we have kids. Still, we are loving it.

THRIFT SHOP (G rated Radio Edit Clean version) - MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS FEAT. WANZ from Garrett Wesley Gibbons on Vimeo.


Not least of which because it is a way of life for this family. Exhibit A- W's awesome hat (for a while he would not take that thing off).




Gravity Falls
Watch this with a kid you love. Or simply watch it by yourself. I promise you will not regret it.


Enjoy hilariously spooky adventures with middle graders Dipper and Mabel. Our family can hardly wait for the next episode. It is so cleverly written and I adore the voice actors (including the uber talented Kristen Schaal from Flight of the Conchords and John Ritter's son Jason Ritter)




I feel like I have fallen into a rabbit hole at the Biodiversity Heritage Library.
This group is digitizing and sharing books that feature biodiversity information. Many have an open creative commons license because of their early publication dates.
My favorite collection by far is that of Notable Women in Natural History.

Here's the cover of How to Know the Butterflies by John Henry Comstock and Anna Botsford Comstock


These are drawings and prints from Seaside Studies in Natural History by Elizabeth C. Agassiz and Alexander Agassiz.


What have you been digging lately? 

4 comments:

  1. I love the photo of your son in the hat. So cute!

    I've been digging my hands into the soil. Spring has come where we live and I can't help but be giddy--the smell of dirt warming in the sun, a crisp breeze caressing my face, and the sight of flowers blooming. Can you tell spring is my favorite season? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, I am 100% on board with electing Spring as THE Greatest Season. I love it so much. After this winter, I feel like we have earned it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biodiversity Heritage Library?! I'm already in love. Thank you for sharing the link. I'm off to spend lots and lots of hours exploring! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Jess, you will really enjoy it. Can't wait to hear what you think!

      Delete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.