Saturday, February 16, 2013

Currently...

I saw the talented Katy Upperman post this several weeks ago and loved it. She got the idea from Kate Hart, who picked it up from Amy Lukavics, who found the post by  Dani Hampton at Sometimes Sweet.)


Loving

Snow days. And I cannot believe I'm saying this after a full week home. My husband's schedule was also impacted by the snow and we've all had a lot of cabin fever  time together as a family. Sure the kids have probably forgotten everything they've learned since Christmas, I have a ton of work to catch up on, and my hubs paycheck will suffer, but we've also had a lot of good times in the snow and snuggled up warm inside.


Reading

A Canadian friend loaned me Fifth Business by Robertson Davies at least a year ago and asked me to read it. I recently re-organized my bookshelves and am tackling it now. So far so good. It reminds me of old black and white movies like The Magnificent Ambersons (not in content, just in era). At least that's how I'm imagining it.

Watching

We are watching the US version of The Office. I know. Chuckle quietly to yourself. That is so 2005. I get it. We lived in Europe when the original British version of the Office came on-- we watched and loved that series, so we weren't really motivated to watch the US version. (Especially because the first episode is nearly a line by line repeat.) We finally gave it a chance and have enjoyed it. The differences are interesting-- of course the US version is a lot longer than the 2 "season" Brit series. The lead character is much less repellent in the US version. It's super funny and we're loving it. Now if only someone would remake Extras.

Thinking about

Changes I want to make on my MS... always thinking about that. :0) Now that school is beginning again maybe I can squeeze in some time to work on them.

Anticipating
A cool project I'm working on with my students, those revisions I'm dying to make, three research articles I need to put the finishing touches on and then... a well-earned Spring Break. :0)

Listening to
I've been watching videos with the boys on YouTube. They are big fans of Gotye, One Direction, Taylor Swift, and Ke$ha.

Wishing
For Spring. I feel like the whole region has paid their dues this fall and winter. Power Outages. Hurricanes. An Earthquake. A Blizzard. We've been good. We dealt with 4 1/2 foot snow drifts. Now bring on the buds and shoots of spring.

Making me happy
Thank goodness for Legos, lego tables, and these guys.


12 comments:

  1. That looks like an awful lot of snow. I think it's safe to say that you have more snow than we do in Alberta. :) I'm with you on being good and ready for spring to arrive. We've had snow for four months now (since before Halloween), and I think that's about four months too long. I'm ready for longer days and sunshine. Sounds like you're making the most of it, though, so that's good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a stunning amount for a person like me, Jaime, who is basically from a southern swamp. :0) We are making the most of it and then I'll be quite happy to send it on its way.

      Delete
  2. I am so ready for spring!I miss the backyard and the pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Eliza-- the baby pool we have is so fun and refreshing on a summer's day.

      Delete
  3. Love this post idea! Might have to steal it some week soon. :)
    I'm sending some Southern weather your way. Spring is coming, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will gladly take that Carolina weather, Carolyn! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Best of luck with your revision, Kat! We're fans of The Office around here too, though I think the first few seasons are definitely the strongest.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring cannot come fast enough for me either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extras was the BEST! My favorite episode is the David Bowie one-- chubby little fat man...HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Samantha-- that was hilarious. We loved Orlando Bloom obsessed with "Johnny Wanker".

      Delete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.