Thursday, January 31, 2013

You Debut, I'll Review Update for 2012

Well, I failed to read twelve debut authors of MG or YA debuting in 2012... which is surprising, because with 83 books you would have thought I'd hit on a few more debuts.

I did read several other debut authors (Amor Towles, Jay Z... I'm sure there are many many more) but this challenge is supposed to be about YA and MG.

I managed nine, and have four more (two of these are not strictly YA/MG) that I have pushed off but will read soon-- scout's honor.


Here are the posts/reviews on the debuts I read in 2012

Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard

The Cabinet of the Earths by Anne Nesbet

Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom

Cracked by K.M. Walton

The Mapmaker and the Ghost by Sarvenaz Tash        

Flying the Dragon Natalie Dias Lorenzi   

Chaste Angela Felsted     

The Truth about Faking Leigh Talbert Moore  

Blood Fugue by EJ Wesley

Still on the list (bought and ready to read-- I want to finish these in the next month) 

Kittie Howard           Rings of Trust
Meagan Spooner     Skylark
Stephanie Strohm   Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink  
Jus Accardo             Touch


Haven't bought yet but still interested in...

Ivy Adams                 The International Kissing Club  
Shelley Coriell          Welcome Caller, this is Chloe  

I will not officially be doing the challenge this year. 


I'll read plenty of debuts-- and I'm looking forward to some awesome ones by authors like Kasie West, who was on my 2012 list but her pub date was pushed back and the fantastic Christa Desir (Fault line! Fault line! Fault line!) -- but I'm not officially in on the Challenge for 2013.  


What about you? 

What books are you looking forward to in 2013? 

I have been making an effort to read the books I have already bought--- I'm trying to clear out most of those before buying any new books (let's see how long that lasts).

Are you taking part in a challenge in 2013 to read certain types of books? Books already on your shelves? Debuts? Out of your typical genre?

What are your reading plans in the new year?



No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.