Monday, September 3, 2012

More clockwork creatures

 In my steampunk book, the British clockworks are all aquatic invertebrates. Here are some of them. 

Clockwork crab. British, ca. 1885. Sub aquatic large-capacity attack device. 

 I tweaked the Clocktopus a little. British nautical fleet, ca. 1870s.


 Here are two squids and both front and back view of a sea star. My scanner isn't large enough for the page, so I scanned twice and tried to merge them (hence the weird line).

 A clockwork nudibranch. This serves as an aquatic surveillance device.
A close-up of the squid.

They and their little invertebrate friends are all to be found on the TUMBLR.

4 comments:

  1. Kat, these are gorgeous! My favorite is definitely the Clocktopus. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Katy-- I just found this comment and I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. :0)

      Delete
  2. OMG, woman! You are so talented. Do you have a portfolio for the "I" part of SCBWI? If not, you MUST make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn-- I don't! I don't even know how that works. I will look into it. :0)

      Delete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.