Thursday, August 23, 2012

Steampunk Invertebrates

           
I have been having so much fun thinking about steampunk and clockwork invertebrates for my current MS that I felt compelled to draw a couple.


 I give you: Clockbee


Clocktopus (Best name ever. If only they all sounded that cool. But they don't.)

Clockwasp (Though my hubs insists this, "isn't very clockwork". He says, "it's more like a genetic cross between an insect and a robot". To which I said, "stop being such a total nerd".)







12 comments:

  1. Those are VERY COOL! I love steampunky things like that. I especially like the names Clocktopus and Clockwasp. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol-- it's fun to think about them. :0)

      Delete
  2. I love them! I love steampunk. The name alone inspires me and your drawings are fantastic. Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clocktopus is *so* the best name ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW and it's really the ONLY one that has that ring to it. I started calling them all -bots, i.e., beebot, waspbot, etc. But some of those get weird and stilted.
      So then I switched to clock-X, clockwasp, clockbee, etc. I'm still not 100% convinced.
      Ahh, the problems we writers have!

      Delete
  4. This is SO COOL! I love having visuals like this. Also, LOL at your hubby. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Meredith? I posted it and hours later heard him call out from his office-- "hey, are you making fun of me on your blog?"
      :0)

      Delete
  5. Seriously loving these Katharine! I'm thinking these would make great chapter images, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.