Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I Dig Reading: April


 I had the pleasure of reading 6 books in April. 


Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult -- I've never read one of her books before, and I really enjoyed this introduction to her work. I can see why she's so popular-- she weaves a great yarn!


Ditched by Robin Mellom, Decoded by Jay Z, and Cracked by KM Walton which are all reviewed below. 


The Case of the Dying Detective by Arthur Conan Doyle-- another classic Sherlock Holmes mystery. It was dandy!


Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson. A friend recommended her work and WOW, I am in LOVE. I immediately shared this book with a middle grader I know. I can't wait to check out her other books. 


My donation this month will go to Partners in Health. I've admired their work since reading the story of their founder, Paul Farmer in the book Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracey Kidder. They do incredible work. 

3 comments:

  1. I've read some Eva Ibbotson also, esp, Countess Below Stairs and A Company of Swans...great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In April, I didn't complete one book at all. I started several, which are stacked by my chair, but haven't finished them yet.

    I did, however, work on two quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, she is new to me-- so I haven't heard of either of those. But, just by the titles they sound like something I'd like. I'll check them out. :0)

    Susan-- I hear you! I have a stack of books that sometimes, by the time I pick them up again, I have to start over because I don't remember them at all. Two quilts! Lovely! That is quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.