Thursday, February 9, 2012

What I read in January: an I DIG READING update

What I read in January

Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
39 clues: One False Note by Gordon Korman
Finding Antigone (BETA) by Sue Winegartner
Swamplandia! by Karen Russell
The Moving Finger, The Mysterious Affair at Styles, AND Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexi
Fairy Tale Fail by Mina V. Esguerra
Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris
I am a genius of unspeakable evil and I want to be your class president by Josh Lieb


That's eleven books! 


For the I Dig Reading Challenge I'll be donating again to the North End Action Team, which makes my neighborhood fantastic!

10 comments:

  1. I'm super late the game, but is it too late to join the reading challenge for 2012?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last title (I am a Genius...) is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica- several were read-alouds with my kids that we started in December, and finished up on a road trip right at the beginning of January.

    Lo- Of course, you can always join in!

    Jennifer, I know, right? It's by a writer from The Daily Show, and it's really clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't you love ABSOLUTELY TRUE DIARY? Sherman Alexie is one of my favorite authors.
    I hope to get to Swamplandia soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have not heard of that last title, but I'm heading over to Goodreads to check it out. Definitely intriguing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ABSULUTELY TRUE DIARY is amazing. I love that last title too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You realize that I now just do screen grabs of your reading list and click on my library app to reserve all the books I haven't read yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you've been doing well! My 2012 goal is to read 52 books but I've only read 3 so I'm behind. But I'm sure I'll catch up. I don't recognize all of these titles so I'm going to check them out. I loved THE ABSOLUTELY TRUE STORY OF A PART TIME INDIAN.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rebecca, I did love atdoapti. That was my book club pick for january!
    Jaime, it was an interesting read. The mc was really complex (I'd say unlikeable), but it worked perfectly. There were poignant moments, but they were true to the character and not overdone.
    Jennifer, I know! Wish I'd thought of it!
    Christa, your technological prowess is enviable! Teach me how worky my iPad!
    Ghenet, i always feel summer is a good time to catch up on the goals. Read alouds with the kids really pump up my numbers. :)

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.