Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Fives with Paper Hangover: books for 2012

I'm excited to be doing a Friday Five again-- it has been too long since I last participated!


So I already have a shortlist for the debut author challenge, so here are five from that list (but I agonized over narrowing down the list at all, because I'm so excited to read all the books on my list!):


Sarvenaz Tash         The Mapmaker and the Ghost    
Stephanie Strohm    Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink  
Susan Dennard        Something Strange and Deadly 
Meagan Spooner     Skylark
Kasie West               Pivot Point  

..and stacks and stacks of books not published this year that I am dying to read!

What about you? 

What five books are you looking forward to reading this year?

9 comments:

  1. When is Susan's book coming out? I CAN'T WAIT much longer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to so many! Slide, The Cavendish Home. . . ., The Catastrophic History of You and Me. I could go on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katharine!
    I found your blog on Kittie Howard's blog roll and the title intrigued me! Very nice to "meet" you!

    There are so many books I want to read, I can't seem to narrow it down to five!

    Happy Friday,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Paris Wife (reading now), The Book Thief, All is Grace, Maze Runner, and The Glory Wind

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Christa! I hope it's one of those that kind of hit the shelves sooner than they say it will.

    Rebecca- these all sound great, and I hadn't heard of any of them. So. Many. Books.

    Hi Jen- nice to "meet" you! I know just what you mean. I have so many more I am dying to start!

    Good ones, Susan. Maze Runner sounds so intriguing, and TBT was quite an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still trying to figure out my list of 2012 releases I must have. We'll overlook the fact it's almost February.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Fault in Our Stars, A Million Suns, Insurgent and A Dance with Dragons. No fifth one, off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This year is going to be SO rich, isn't it?

    I'm definitely looking forward to Skylark (no surprises there).

    Something Strange and Deadly is just sensational -- people are going to LOVE it.

    I'm also looking forward to Throne of Glass by Sarah Maas, What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang, and Everneath, by Brodi Ashton.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got an award for you on my book blog. Stop by and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.