Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012: Finally here! and Debut Author Challenge

I'm excited to be participating in this year's Debut Author Challenge, hosted by the Story Siren. I was inspired by Pam and Quita's participation last year.

Here are the books I've chosen so far. I'll be reading these twelve MG or YA 2012 debuts, plus a few more.

I'll be posting about the books I read as well as keeping track on the tab above (entitled 2012 Debut Author Challenge)

Check the tab to see my list, read my reviews, and check my progress!

Please note: I know there aren't 12 books listed below.
I am still building my list!

I want to add a few via word-of-mouth during the year!





Photo (available under a creative commons license) by Bravo Zulu on Flickr


Debuting in JANUARY
Robin Mellom           Ditched: A Love Story  
Anne Nesbet            The Cabinet of Earths   
Ivy Adams                 The International Kissing Club  

Debuting in MARCH
KM Walton               Cracked


Debuting in APRIL
Sarvenaz Tash         The Mapmaker and the Ghost    


Debuting in MAY
Stephanie Strohm    Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink   (An agency-mate!)
Shelley Coriell           Welcome Caller, this is Chloe  


Debuting in JULY
Susan Dennard        Something Strange and Deadly (WOOOOOT!)


Debuting in the FALL
Meagan Spooner     Skylark (WOOOOT again!)


Debuting in DECEMBER
Kasie West               Pivot Point  




So- are you doing the Debut Author Challenge?


 Is there a book you think I need to add? 


Let me know in the comments!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, I have one to add! QUEEN OF GLASS by Sarah Maas, which is out in August. There are prequel novellas coming out from the start of the year, and they'll have you dying to read the book itself. Definitely, definitely belongs on the list! (And yay Meg! 2012, this is the year!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, you rock! Thank you! I actually can't wait for Susan Dennard's, either. And I second what Amie's said about QUEEN OF GLASS--I read a WAY early draft of it and it was already amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed Melissa Pearl's novels Golden Blood and Black Blood. I think the last book of the series comes out in February.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot for SS&D indeed! :)

    I'm not doing the challenge per se, but I do plan on reading a bunch of debuts this year because, well, a lot of them sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this challenge! I'm not doing it officially, but adding more 2012 debuts to my reading list is one of my goals this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Meredith and Rebecca: unofficially reading more debuts and recent releases. Good luck with the challenge, KO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CRACKED is out already and it is awesome. I just finished it. And I read an ARC of Ditched so I'm already on my way. I think I am going to participate in this too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going the challenge too. Looking forward to your reviews! I'm planning to read some of the same reviews as you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LIE BENEATH by Anne Greenwood Brown comes out in June (YA, Random House). Anne's my critique partner and I had the honor of reading several drafts. I highly recommend it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, ladies, thanks for all the recommendations. I can feel already that my list will grow to more than 12 books!
    @Amie-- very cool- I've heard of Sarah, but didn't know her debut was coming out this year. Cool!
    @Megan, Thanks for dropping by, and waiting VERY excitedly for your debut!
    Cool Connie I'll check them out!
    True Meredith- they'll seep in, whether you do the challenge or not!
    Rebecca and Soph- I hear you. Officially or unofficially, the result is the same, right?

    Ooh, awesome Christa- I didn't realize. I'm on it!

    Ghenet- perfect, can't wait to see what you read.

    Awesome Nina, consider Lie Beneath added to the list! I'll add it in. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My friend Jeannie Mobley has a debut in the Fall of 2012 called "Katerina's Wish" - MG historical fiction with a magical twist set in mining-era Colorado. I met Jeannie through a writer's group and she is a fantastic writer with amazing ideas.

    http://emusdebuts.wordpress.com/jeannie-mobley/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I said it before, but thanks again for including me. I'm looking forward to reading Everneath by Brodi Ashton. Soon. Very soon. :) And I just recently read THE STATISTICAL PROBABILITY OF LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. And I adored it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, Mare- Definitely will add it. I think the last book I read about Colorado was Centennial.

    @Kasie- these sound great, thanks for the scoop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. always nice to meet an agency-mate - amanda's my agent too! and thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.