Wednesday, November 2, 2011

SN-OMG

Just an update lovely blogging friends.

We are still in the midst of #snowmageddon

No heat, no cooking gas, no electricity... and *gasp* no interwebs.

Not to mention: they cancelled Halloween! The gall!

The kids are home from school and full of questions about when we can make pancakes, or why we can't watch a movie. (I guess I haven't made the whole "electricity" thing clear to them).

Thank goodness for generous friends with power, showers, and internets.

Here's a brief photo essay.

Here's breakfast

Here's the Volvo (thank you Swedish engineers, it's fine)

 Here's the back yard.

And to be honest, it wasn't that bad for us. Many many towns are still at 100% without power.





I have SO many posts I'm just itching to write, like reviews of two months worth of the Fall Book Club picks, the exciting books I'm reading in November, what I read in October including the I Dig Reading Challenge, and an update on my middle grade book club which is SO AWESOME.

They say we'll have power by Sunday...

Hope to be visiting your blogs again soon.

14 comments:

  1. Hope you get power back soon, can't wait to have you back in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get power soon. My friend in Ridgefield just got hers back.

    Keep warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where I live in Canada we don't have snow yet (and probably won't until January) so it feels a little weird, seeing that you've got snow and we don't :O

    I hope you get your power back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOODNESS! I hope you get power back sooner than expected, and that they have a make-up Halloween for the boys. ;)

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay warm KO! It's 85 here in South Texas today, so I'm sending warm vibes your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness. I still can't believe how much this one storm affected people. Glad to hear it hasn't been too bad but I hope your power returns soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They CANCELLED Halloween -- I heard about that, but didn't think it actually happened! :O My goodness, that really is snowmageddon if you need to cook breakfast on an open fire. :P Stay warm, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sucks so bad :( Glad that you and the family are all okay, though. Hope to hear from you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking about you ever since the snow, Kat! Happy that you're okay (yay for Volvos!), and hope your power's back by now. (I thought four days without power after Hurricane Irene was bad, but at least it was warm then.)

    Hope it warmed up in CT today like it did here in PA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get your power restored soon, too, and stay warm in the meantime. It sounds so weird for you to be hit with this degree of snow in October!!

    So, without power, how were you able to write this post? The kindness of friends?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are they going to have a make up day for Halloween. I think they should have a make up day. I'm going to start a petition.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness... I don't know HOW you're surviving! I think I'd lose my mind without all of the everyday comforts I take for granted. You're a stronger woman than I! Here's to hoping everything is back to normal for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I'm hoping it all solves itself. Thoughts with you (and hopes for a bit of a reprieve).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guys- thanks for all these nice comments. Our power came back on Friday at about 630PM. Celebrations ensued!

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.