Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Chronicle's Happy Haul-idays


I SO loved doing this event last year.

This year, the lovely folks at Chronicle have upped the prizes.

The basic prize is the same, you can win up to $500 of books for you, a friend who comments on your blog, AND THIS YEAR, also for your favorite charity. 

How cool is that?

I emailed Chronicle and they say that I can pick my neighborhood public school as the recipient of the gift. That would be the The Macdonough School.



Last year, I loved browsing their site so much that I bought nearly ALL my holiday gifts from Chronicle (oh, what a clever promotion you have thought up, you brilliant folk!)

This year, it was fun to revisit and to narrow down $500 worth of goods.

And, I will proudly admit that the MoMA Modern Family Play House is for ME, not some child in my life.



YA/MG

How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend
16.99
Spinning Out
16.99
The Space Between Trees
17.99
The Orphan of Awkward Falls
16.99


KIDS and FUN STUFF

MoMA My Museum
19.99
MoMA Modern Play Family
12.99
MoMA Modern Play House
19.99
Seeing Stars: An Introduction to the Night Sky
14.99
Mobile Art: Papers, Instructions, and Patterns for Twenty Stunning Mobiles
19.95
Curiosities: Vintage-Inspired Adornments for Gifts and Correspondence
24.95


Architecture

More Mobile: Portable Architecture for Today Princeton Architectural Press
24.95
The Nature of Place: A Search for Authenticity
19.95
Sustainable Design: A Critical Guide for Architects and Interior, Lighting, and Environmental Designers Princeton Architectural Press
24.95


Journals and Notecards

Typewriter Eco-Journal
10.95
Clear Skies Eco-Journal
10.95
Succulents Eco-Journal
10.95
Forests Eco-Keepsake Notecards
14.95
From My Garden Eco-Keepsake Notecards
14.95
Petit Collage Eco-Keepsake Notecards
14.95


COOKING

How to cook like a Top Chef
29.95
The New Whole Grains Cookbook: Terrific Recipes Using Farro, Quinoa, Brown Rice, Barley, and Many Other Delicious and Nutritious Grains
19.95


ART/POPULAR CULTURE

Design for Victory: World War II Poster on the American Home Front
24.95
Audrey Hepburn
45


NATURE/ENVIRONMENT

The Meaning of Trees: Botany History Healing Love
19.95
A Force for Nature: The Story of NRDC and the Fight to Save Our Planet
24.95

494.12


Visit Chronicle's SITE.


Create your own HAUL-IDAYS post, comment on others, and JOIN THE AWESOMENESS.

27 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that's super-epic. And $500 for a charity, too! What's yours, KO?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Yahong- you should check out their site, it's drool-worthy. My first choice for donation would be my local elementary school-- because I know they would love it. I'm not sure if that counts, or if it needs to be a 501c3 organization. I emailed Chronicle to find out... I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm eager to check the site. Thanks for spotlighting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great list! If I don't win my list, I would be thrilled to win yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a huge haul! My list has some big ticket items, so fewer books, but some really nice ones. I love how everyone's is different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list! Especially the journals.
    ape2016(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy. I should definitely check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember this from last year--such a clever promotion, and such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great selection of books, covering such a variety of topics! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Whole Grains cookbook sounds awesome. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have alot of the same books, this is such a great contest!
    Here is my Happy Haulidays

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with the MOMA sets. I would love to win your haul.
    Katie
    aclassofherown(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't this fun seeing everyone's list. They have a huge selection of books..doing my Christmas shopping on-line!

    Like that you got a little from different catagories...good luck to both of us! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, I didn't see that Whole Grains cookbook. I know the perfect recipient for that one in my family. I did much the same thing last year. Browsing CB's site resulted in a lot of 'oooh perfect gift for...' moments.

    Good luck!

    -- Rhianna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love journals..and your kids selections too! Thanks for the chance to win with you.

    bamagv at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. how to cook like a chef would be a must have in my kitchen! great list and good luck! Check out my list and comment for a chance to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Design for Victory looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your choices! Good luck!

    Check out my list here

    xxsquigglesxx(At)Gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great list! I'd love to win these, if I don't win my own. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad they said a school is okay, I picked where my sister in law teaches. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. There are some fine sounding items on your list. Good luck.

    find my list at:
    Tossing It Out
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  22. A real good variety of books you chose. Like it.

    amhengst at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good choice of books. Good luck with the competition. Great charity.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great variety of books :) Good luck!
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE how you made them a Christmas shopping stop! (I must admit that making my own list reminded me that they sell moleskines and I ordered one and a couple of other items this morning, with at least one more order in mind before Christmas! LOL!) I believe I have The Space Between Trees on my own list as well! Good luck!

    knittingandsundries(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would have loved to pick our elementary school! (next year, next year...)

    Good luck and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.