Sunday, July 31, 2011

I Dig reading June/July edition

What did I read in June and July? 

Beatle Meets Destiny by Gabrielle Williams
The Half Life of Planets by Brendan Halpin and Emily Franklin
Jellicoe Road by Melian Marchetta
School of Fear by Gitty Daneshvari
Closed for the Season by Mary Downing Hahn
Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
On Writing by Stephen King
The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
The Geurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle
A Wind at the Door by Madeline L’Engle
Phoenix Rising (Beta) by Alicia Gregoire
No System At All (Beta) by Erinn Manack
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Pederwick’s 1: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy Jeanne Birdsall
Jenna and Jonah’s Fauxmance by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin

Or, seventeen books. 

That will mean a donation to local Gilead Community Services

They do INCREDIBLE work in our community. 





And, have you seen Adventure Time?


It's hilarious. Don't make me ruin it by trying to explain it. 


Fun for the whole family.


Have you seen this?

8 comments:

  1. You read so many books. Are any audio?

    I've seen Adventure Time and I think my brain exploded. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. exploded in the good way, I hope? My kids think it's hilarious, and my husband even more so.

    I don't do audio books. I tried once on a road trip and the narration took me SO far out of the story I have not tried it again. Th one exception was a David Sedaris book my friend sent me for a east coast road trip, narrated by the man, which rocked.

    I read every night before I go to bed. It's how I put myself to sleep. I also try to bring a book when I take my kids to the park/playground. Though that doesn't always work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've done some serious reading lately! You read two of my favorites: Jellicoe Road and Twenty Boy Summer... love those books!

    I'm reading Notes From the Blender by Brendan Halpin and Trisha Cook now and I'm absolutely loving it. I've laughed out loud several times. Are his other books this funny?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Incredible reading list! And I love that you do those donations.

    I've never seen Adventure Time - but am intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, have you been reading! I just finished Twenty Boy Summer recently, loved it! You've got one of my faves in there, too -- The Penderwicks. Sigh.

    I got through 14 books in June/July, so $70 to charity -- haven't decided which, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great books. The Penderwicks....what a debut! My family has read it about 10 times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy- those two are great ones, huh? I think BH is very funny. Both books that I've read that he's co-authored with Emily Franklin have totally cracked me up.

    Alison- thanks, and AT is intriguing... for sure. Maybe trippy is a better word?

    Amie- it's fun when reading is considered homework, huh? YAY- lots of travel time meant lots of reading for you, too! SO glad you're participating.

    Penderwicks rock, huh? I have been hearing buzz like crazy about it recently, and it was pubbed in 2005!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, I've never heard of Adventure Time (*blushes*). Is it a TV show? (she asks, showing total ignorance)

    I adored Guernsey Literary. It's one of the few adult books I've read in the last few years, since I have to read so much kidlit for work. Love The Penderwicks. Still need to read Jellicoe Road. So many books...

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.