Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Fives with Paper Hangover

This week, the good folks of Paper Hangover ask us to share the scoop on five fabulous writing contests.


1. The Real Simple Life's Lessons Essay Contest. Grand Prize is a trip to NYC, a meeting with Real Simple editors, broadway tickets, and $3000.

2. Write On Con's First 500 words of MG/YA contest. Win $1000, an have an agent consider your work, via Writeoncon and The Reading Room.


...and unfortunately these are the only writing contest I've heard about lately.

I'm looking forward to hearing about more through the other participants.

What writing contests have you heard about lately?




4 comments:

  1. Psst--I've got a whole bunch in my current post. Feel free to borrow them--I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mentioned the WrtieOnCon contest, too - as I'm sure many of us will!

    But I also have a few book giveaway links to share, which is how I got to 5! :)

    I'll have to check out the Real Simple contest - one of my favorite mags!

    Great list - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I knew about the second, but not the first. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Angelica, Erin and Alison- I can't wait to check them out.

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.