Friday, May 13, 2011

Like I trust you now blogger...

So, if you blog and use blogger you know there was a massive fail whereby yesterdays posts have simply disappeared!


Poof!


So, come with me on a little time traveling adventure.


Yesterday I posted that Sophia Richardson won my contest and is getting her own copy of Invincible Summer- so if you were thinking you hallucinated that, Sophia, you didn't.


:0)


It's all wrapped up and will go out this weekend.




I also posted this amazing video from my son's after school program-- where the kids imitate celebrities and pretend they're former campers talking about their fun Y-camp experiences.


Watch it. It's funny. 





Little Gaga is especially well-delivered.


And.... here's my abnegation post for the Divergent faction of the week.


If you have kids you know that when they are sleeping, it is a magic time in the household. 


It is one of my most coveted times of day, because I can WRITE. I have been known to rush the bedtime routine because I am so eager to get cracking on my MS.


This week I decided that the most selfless act I could take part in would be to ignore that desire to rush through that time period with my kids. 


We've had long baths and extra reading (even a little 'past' bedtime)  every night this week. 


It's not quiet selfless though, because I get as much out of it as they do.


Here's hoping this post will last until tomorrow!!

9 comments:

  1. When all the posts disappeared, I yelled, and my husband came to see if I'd fallen down.
    Fortunately, they reappeared the next day or so.
    Loved the video. Lots of talent there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Mine is gone, too! The kids are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say again, huzzah and I can't wait to read Invincible Summer and those kids are still the coolest!
    - Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute video!

    Also...I love how so many of us chose the same "selfless" things without consulting each other! Thanks for participating in the first week of the Divergent Faction Challenge--your link is up on my post! (if you go there, you can see who else participated! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was extremely frustrating, wasn't it?

    And now I can't seem to click on your links...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vid looks cute. I'm going to have to check it out later.

    Feel you on the Blogger thing. So annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Divergent--just finished reading it--and will definitely be participating in that faction a week blog carnival this week!

    I also love reading your blog, so I'm awarding you with the Versatile Blogger Award.


    I'm also passing the rules for accepting this award:

    * Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their site in your original post.
    * Tell us seven things about yourself.
    * Pass along the award to five newly discovered bloggers.
    * Contact these bloggers and let them know they got this award.

    It’s as simple as that. Hope you accept!
    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan- so funny, how important it is to all of us!

    Carrie and Sophia- aren't they adorable? It's so funny, because I see them now at school and I'm like, yo- Lady Gaga! Dora!

    I haven't made the rounds yet Debra-- I will though!

    It was frustrating Joanne- and I am not sure how to fix the links!

    Totally Krispy. Super annoying.

    Thanks Lora! I appreciate it. I will post about it later this week! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat! I heard Blogger had quite the nightmare yesterday!! Anyway, I also tend to rush time with my kids to get to my own work/writing and I'm glad other people struggle in the same way. Glad you had extra long baths and reading time this week... you're such a good mom.

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.