Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Meet the Robinsons

This popped up when we turned on the TV one night last week. We quickly used our DVR magic to record it from the beginning.

I vaguely remember it coming out, but had no idea what it was about.

It is utterly charming, and one of those films that hits you right where you need it to.

It's all about an orphan named Lewis who is a brilliant inventor.
 He wants to be adopted, and when he fails miserably at that, he comes up with a Plan B. He creates a machine that will show him any memory he wants to recall. He decides that with his machine he can find out who his mother was, and why she left him.
I don't want to spoil it, but it doesn't go as Lewis plans.

This story teems with heart and hope. The inventions are amazing, the Robinsons take creative to a new level, and their family motto is exactly what I need to hear:


An excellent movie- check it out!

17 comments:

  1. We haven't seen it so I'll have to put it on our Netflix list. It sounds great. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like this movie, too. I love how all the quirky family members accept each other for who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that kind of movies. Looks like something I should watch together with little boy >:)

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even remember when this came out. It looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute. I've never heard of it, I don't think. I'll take a look. Thanks :)

    Rosie
    East for Green Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started to watch this movie (and was enjoying it, he'd just met the family) when the DVD stopped working. I'll have to give it another shot.
    - Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this movie when it came out.
    I was surprised to hear you received your puppets so quickly. I'm glad your kids liked them. So sad about the one without a career. It sounds like 10% of the country. If only puppet props could solve that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this but it sounds like a cute movie. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that movie. It's on my favorite kids movies of all time list. The short one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like movies like this! Thanks for the review. Actually, I think these movies say more than grand epics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Keep moving forward" I love that, too :) Go Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Connie- It's a winner.

    @Jenny- totally. Talk about quirky family!

    @Cold as heaven- my kids love it.

    It's awesome Alicia

    Rosie- do-- it's worth it.

    Sophia- NO!!!! You have to remedy that!

    @Frankly- totally. We could use some job accessories right now.

    Do Carrie, and let me know what you think.

    Jolene- yes, definitely a short lister.

    @Pam- check it out.

    @Kittie- I agree- the simple message can be incredibly strong.

    Totally Jolene- it's especially great advice for writers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I loved the inventions - but I am a science geek.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo I will definitely watch this one. I love anything to do with inventors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute movie. I liked it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for science geeks Nick.

    Carrie- you'd love it. It's got some great funky machines.

    @Murees- great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.