Wednesday, March 30, 2011

When I Actually Write A Book, You Will Be Acknowledged

 Brought to us by the lovely Blue Lipstick Samurai


Write an acknowledgment blurb for 12 people, with 12 reasons. But not just ANY twelve people:
  • 3 people you know IRL.
  • 3 people you know online.
  • 1 person who has died.
  • 1 person you never met.
  • 1 person you met once.
  • 1 couple (so, 2 people).
  • 1 author. 

    For everything: Mike, James, and Willy.
    For being nice to me when I was a newbie: Glenna, Erinn, and Holly.
    For being totally unconventional: the late Emma Wainer.
    For loving insects as much as I do: E.O. Wilson.
    For helping with my luggage so I didn't miss the "T": anonymous guy in Boston in 1993.
    For not being like the parents in YA books: mom and dad.
    and for thinking outside the box: Theodor Geisel. I have been reading your books in awe since 1974.


    Check out Glenna's blog to see the rest of the entries, or post one yourself!

15 comments:

  1. A very nice and concise list :D I love your choice of Dr. Seuss--he made some great political cartoons, too. I love showing them to my students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "For not being like the parents in YA books: mom and dad." LOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not being like parents in YA! That's just perfect!

    I love anonymous guy in Boston. I think my favorites are universally the people met once.

    And the categories/reasons are great! Thanks so much for participating! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this.

    Also, I lived in Boston for three years and struggled with luggage on the T quite often. Not once did anyone ever help me. Ever. Boooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list. I know all about the luggage on the T thing. It's awful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the reasons you give for your choices.
    - Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with everyone who said they love your 'for not being like parents in YA' reason. So awesome!

    And Glenna, Erinn, and Holly are awfully nice, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love anonymous guys. You can make up entire stories about them.
    High-five for being list buddies, Katharine!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Trisha!

    Quita- I will have to check those out. Sounds very cool. I spent way too much time in class last week talking about the Butter Battle Book.

    I am grateful, Nomes, but it does make it harder to write truly bad parents.

    Thanks Glenna- nothing better than help from a stranger in the big city.

    Thanks Pam!

    Meredith- so this guy wasn't a fixture. Coming from the country, I just assumed they were stationed across Boston. only kidding. I wasn't quite that naive.

    Totally Alicia. It changed my whole, "let's just take the train to the airport" concept completely.

    Thanks Sophia. :0)

    Thanks Abby, and they ARE so nice. They followed my blog when it was really very bad.

    Yes Yahong, the anonymous guys can be great in a story. High five right back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the "person you met once" part, and your answer is great. Maybe someday, he'll see your face on the back of a book and feel good (again) about helping you with your luggage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun blogfest! I love how you made each line so personal. Here's to seeing it in print one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I <3 this times 1,000: "For not being like the parents in YA books: mom and dad." So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! Can't wait to see it in your book :)

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.