Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Survey you will love

Do you follow Claire over at Points of Claire-ification?

She has a great blog that, among other things, follows her life as a writer and reader, and as a Barbadian (the web says you call someone from Barbados a Bajan? Help me, Claire, I am ignorant!) living in Japan.



She is collecting information to build an ultimate list of "the 100 books every writer should read".

As a social scientist, I love data. I feel like it's good data karma for me to take part in surveys and such when I see them-- but I'm doing this strictly as a writer. I have seen Must Read book lists on the web, and I am always a little disappointed. Sometimes they seem composed only of "the classics" (which can differ by country), or the biggest sellers.

I would LOVE to see what WRITERS say are the best 100 books, particularly writers of YA.

So, Visit her Site, and sign up to submit your 100 favorite books by email (directions on the post). She is giving away a few prizes to participants.

She wants 1000 participants. Whew-- that is a herculean task, but wouldn't it be great to see the results?

4 comments:

  1. Really cool idea! I'll see what I can come up with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for spreading the word on Claire's pole. I can't wait to see what she comes up with.

    And I think it's great that you and Claire know each other. I know the YA writers who blog world is small, but it still makes me smile when I find out my "friends" are actually already "friends" with each other.

    Claire is awesome, and so is KO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do follow her, but I haven't visited her blog in a while. I'm going to skip over there right now! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena- I had a lot of fun making my list. I'll post it at the end of the week.

    Kate- So true. I'm not sure that Claire follows me, but hers is a blog I check in on from time to time. I like her perspective on things. I DO love seeing all the links in the writers network. It's lovely.

    carolyn- very cool. I think it's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.