Friday, March 11, 2011

The Bucket List Blogfest


In this blogfest, Mo asks us to share a few items from our respective bucket lists.

Here are five items from my most current bucket list.





-See a baobab tree in Africa.  
I studied the baobab, Adansonia digitata, for years but have never seen it in what I consider its true home.  My experiences with the baobab have only been in the Americas. I want to see it in its rightful place.

-get agent/sell my book
Am I right to imagine this will be on everyone's list? 


-ride cross-country by train
My first choice would be America, but I wouldn't mind any long, gorgeous train journey. This is a shot of Canada below, and I'd also take the Orient Express. 
-go WWOOFING
Work on an organic farm for vacay. I'd love to do that. Especially if it was in New Zealand or Australia.


-visit Alaska with my husband, because seeing his slide show is not enough.  I mean, it's a good slide show... but it's still just a slide show.


16 comments:

  1. I've never thought of a bucket list. But I'd love to ride on the Orient Express too. And I'd love to go to Paris with my husband--I've never been. He has and his memories aren't enough. Plus, we could go to the Louvre together. Getting a novel published would be great--probably first on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice list! I know it's different,but Australia has the boab tree, which is apparently related to the boabab :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I had no idea about WWOOFing, hmm... Might have to add that one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that most of this list is travel related, I can get behind these!
    - Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking a train across the country is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty unique list. Baobab tress do look cool. They have character!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of WWOOFing before, but that sounds awesome!! Can I steal this idea? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's ridiculously odd is that I forgot to put 'get novel published' on my list. HA! It's become like 'gather oxygen in lungs.' Just another thing that I HAVE to do. I NEED to do it. :)

    Love your list. Travel's been on quite a few, mine included, so we're all in the same boat. It'll happen. I just know it!

    Marie at the Cheetah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope all of your plans become successful.

    I seriously wish I too get a book published (not yet completed ha ha)

    with warm regards
    http://arandomarticle.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, here in Canada we have ViaRail Canada and their cross-country train trips are FANTASTIC. Come, Kat, come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome list, Katharine! I'd definitely include

    a) get an agent/get published

    and

    b) visit Australia

    After that, probably travel across Canada by train, go to Hawaii, go to Alaska. Yep, travel's high on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! The Orient Express is definitely on my list...along with cruising down the Nile. (Can you tell I have a slight Agatha Christie obsession?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your first bucket list item is the most original of any I've read so far!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lot of us have that publishing thing on our list.

    And I love baobob trees. I blame The Little Prince.

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.