Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Query-fest and Pay It Forward

Query-licious
 I know I've been posting a lot of bits and pieces lately. That's because I am almost ready to send it out in the world. I am planning to query in the spring. The lovely Susan Dennard has a query extravaganza happening right now, and has posted my letter for critique and commentary. Visit her site just because she's awesome. If you visit today, please give feedback on my query. 


Pay it Forward 4 ever!

Raise your hand if when you think about the film Pay it Forward you visualize Haley Joel Osmet in a wife-beater tank top.
*Hand raises*
Okay, wipe Haley from your mind and focus on the CONCEPT of paying it forward, which is pretty incredible. It's the opposite of paying someone back for helping you, it's paying your good fortune forward to someone you don't know. I like to think of my I Dig Reading Challenge as one big Pay-it-Forward opportunity.

Shelli at Market my Words has a fantastic contest happening.

She wants to Pay it Forward and help an unknown author by introducing the author to her agent. Shelli writes that she received a similar boost from a blogging friend, and wants to continue the tradition.

Visit her blog to find out how to enter her contest. 

I love this idea, because I think it's important to be a giving person. As a part of the contest, Shelli asks all participants to note someone who has helped them in their personal or professional life.

Though the list is long of people who have helped me in every aspect of life, I thought I'd focus here on the writing part of it.

I have several writing/critiquing friends who have been (and are being) a big help as I have worked to revise my manuscript.

I thought I'd give them the shout-out they deserve:
Holly from Super Mom Writes
Erinn from Something Else to Distract Me
Glenna from The Blue Lipstick Samurai, and
Amie: Writer, Buccaneer, etc.


THANK YOU, LADIES!!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!!! If you need anything I'm an e-mail away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the blogging community the best? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I didn't realize you were querying this Spring... can't wait to hear how it goes!! I'm sure you'll do great. Tell us what your book is about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by! and boy - where would we be without those people who read our book - over and over and over again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Helping out is a heap of fun, I'm having a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stopped by from Shelli's blog because I really liked your pitch. It looked familiar... were you on Query Shark?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Erinn and Holly-- I appreciate it.

    right you are, Pam-- I feel very lucky.

    hey Erin- I've left some blurbs and pages in recent posts, or you can check out the WIP tab to see a brief description.

    So true Shelli, and thanks for doing this great pay it forward contest.

    Glad to hear it Amie! I can't wait for your feedback.

    Lisa- I was on QS: My query was ready but my MS was not. :0)

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.