Thursday, February 10, 2011

LOVE Fest Day Four: Kid Art and CONTEST

I adore kid art.

There's something so fresh and lovely about the uninhibited lines. I have a real problem culling the dozens of pictures that come home from both my boys' schools.

I keep big boxes of their work, but at the same time manage to get rid of some things. You have to, or it would become overwhelming. Still, it is difficult to make the cut at times.

Here are some cool works from our 5 year old James. Can you guess who is represented in each image?

(It's definitely skewed to people who enjoy programming for young children. )

I'll give a $20.00 gift certificate to a book seller of your choice to anyone who can name the most shows and main characters he's depicting.

Put your answers in the comments. I couldn't figure out how to do a poll, so comments will have to do!

Open internationally!

So, do you like kid art?  If yes, why?  If no, why not?



 




11 comments:

  1. These are probably the most adorable things ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh <3. I have a hard time getting rid of my guy's work too. (And he doesn't even draw real stuff yet, just scribbles lol)

    Well, I see Spongebob, Patrick, and Evil Emperor Zurg. I don't know who the other two are though. ;) These are so freaking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no CLUE about current shows, but OMGOSH! His art is soooooo cute! Thanks so much for sharing--I can see why you LOVE this so much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. No clue on the shows, but I do like the final picture.

    My goddaughter likes to draw gigantic scrawls. She also likes to direct what I'm supposed to draw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phineas & Ferb + Perry MY FAVE
    Zurg (/) from Buzz Lightyear
    Spongebob & Patrick
    I have NO idea on the last one. LOTR, maybe?

    Love that sweet boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and he is SUPER talented, btw! Must get it from his Aunt Lizzie. HAHA! Know it is from his mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous! I have no idea who they are but I wish I could see the world the way he does for a week or so. It looks like he's having a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also have no idea, but that says more about my lack of North American TV watching than James' amazing talent! You'll definitely have to keep these and show them to
    him again when he's older! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi all- thanks for all the great comments! I've been trying NOT to respond in fear I'd give all the answers away!
    I read all the comments to James and he BEAMED.

    Pam- thanks. I know I think they are. But I'm the mom. I would.

    Two for two Holly- definitely spongebob and co, and the evil Zurg.

    Thanks Susan. It's easy to love!

    Oh yeah, Alicia- that's always entertaining: being told what to draw!

    Aunt Lizzie- You are right on all three. I told James and he said he didn't get it from you or me-- he got it from himself!

    Thanks Carrie- I know, right? I wonder what he sees?

    True Lo, will do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clearly, I'm not up on current TV characters! Don't know Phineas and Ferb at all. I do recognize Zurg and Spongebob and Patrick, but now you (and James) really have my curiosity going. What IS that last pic? Almost looks like something out of Star Wars, with the light sabre.

    These are great, Katharine. Hang onto them. Your resident artist may blossom into a career artist someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joanne- Phineas and Ferb is the only kid show that I can stand watching. It's really good. And, you are onto something, with that light sabre comment.

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.