Friday, January 21, 2011

No. Mo. Sno.

It's official.

I'm over the snow.

Days at home tucked in, snug with a cup of coffee I can handle.


My kids'* schools being canceled and mine in session: not so much.


I dread the drive in. I hope it will only take me an hour each way. All that to teach a 50 minute class and come home again.

I have to turn this attitude around because I am depressing myself!

Though this blog may be depressing... there are lots of fun things across the webiverse today.

Check out Erinn and Something Else to Distract Me. She's hosting a first lines contest. Mine is included-- go check them out, follow her blog, and vote for your favorite.

There are some really cool ones.


*No, these are not my kids. This is not my photo. Please, people, I'm still wearing my pajamas and I've barely dug out the driveway. The talented photographer can be found here.

7 comments:

  1. We had a lot of snow in Virginia this winter, too, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get anymore. I work in a school, and while snow days are fun--making up those snow days is not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain on the snow. I don't think we've had a winter like this in several years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That sucks; Philly was massacred last year in the Snowpocalypse, but everywhere but here is being destroyed this year. :( Simple solution, everyone move to Philly! Yay!

    Good luck! No Mo Sno inDEED.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out!!!!

    Snow is totally different for adults as it is for kids.

    Every snow day I think, I'm going to make this day up at the end of the year. grumble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only we could enjoy it like the kids do.

    For me, a little snow goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow seems to exotic to me, here in Australia! I'm wandering around in sundresses wearing hats, sunglasses and sunscreen right now, wishing we had aircon! Still, I think I'd take mine over yours...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you, Katharine. I'm sick of driving in snow/ice/slush/salt. Tired of shoveling it, etc. Ready for winter to be over -- and we've got 2 more months to go!

    Thanks for the link to Something Else to Distract Me. I went over there and voted for yours. Definitely the best!!

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.