Wednesday, December 8, 2010

RTW: six word memoir

It's Road Trip Wednesday



This week's topic:  Your six word memoir.  How would you tell your life story in six words?
I posted one of these a while back, and I think it still fits.
Here's the original post:
 
I saw this on Rachelle Gardner's blog and fell in love with the idea.

Can you encapsulate your life story in 6 words? Mine is:
 
 
 
Long trip, right back to beginning.


 
A project by SMITH magazine.

Try it-- leave yours in the comments.

Sign on at SMITH and submit your 6-word memoir or your take on a number of subjects including food, the digital life, america, love and heartbreak...

Or leave a story in their projects section: memoirs, exes, brushes with fame, or what's on your fridge. 

Then head over to the YA Highway to see the six words encapsulating their contributors' lives.

18 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL! It's beautiful. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. And thanks for the Smith magazine link...it looks intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this post!!

    And as I recall, I used the same Radiohead quote I picked today...

    "We're too young to fall asleep."

    Reminds me that I've got too many dreams and goals to ever give up. I'm still a kid with the whole world before me, and I always will be. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is so thought provoking. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I really love it. My six words were so disjointed, I love how yours flows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I really have to think on that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Gonna give the six-word challenge some serious thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Six words? Easy:
    vulnerability, invincibility, responsibility, taxability, sterility, senility

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I didn't know about the SMITH project. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, yours is deep. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE it. It's so profound. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow - very poetic and thoughtful - like you :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kind comments are totally going to go to my head!
    Thanks everyone for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this, and it makes me want to hear a companion more-than-six-words memoir from you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much said and unsaid in those six words. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. totally Kristin, that's what I like about not explaining it... I think it allows people to make what they will of it.

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.