Sunday, December 19, 2010

MIA

Well... sorry friends if you've been looking for a new post only to be disappointed.

I imagine that this is the one time of year when one can get away with spotty posting.

I also don't exactly kid myself that people wake up all over the world, rush to their computers, and come here.

So I figured it would be okay.

I have just finished my grading for the semester.

Woot! and Yay! all rolled into one.

Now I'll have a short respite from teaching and grading until mid January, though the research and prep work is the same.

I haven't updated my read-a-thon because I have been reading a big, thick book that I won at Susan's blog, George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones. I am loving it, but it's not as quick a read as some of the other books I've read lately. It's also got about 50 main characters, and it's told from multiple points of view, so it's taking me a while. I may try to read other books at the same time, so that my read-a-thon doesn't peter out at 6 books...

I will keep you posted. In the mean time, here is a little bit of holiday cheer: my son's interpretation of Santa and the dinosaurs that pull his sleigh.

Happy Holidays!

9 comments:

  1. Love the picture! I wish I had thought of dinos for Santa... They're way cooler than reindeer.

    I'm glad you're enjoying Game of Thrones, but it can definitely be overwhelming! If you're used to YA, then even more so... All the POVs are crazy! BUT, isn't it amazing how WELL he writes them? Every character is unique, has their own voice, their own secrets, and their own story! The HBO miniseries starts in April -- yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Game of Thrones is astounding. You are so right-- the POVs are all completely distinct. I had no idea a miniseries was in the works. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE that santa dinosaur picture!

    and, yeah, crazy-bust time of year!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Santa's sleigh is being pushed by dinosaurs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the second person in a week who has mentioned George R. R. Martin. I really must investigate this further.

    Also, dinos + Santa = AWESOME. Your son is a genius.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Christmas dinosaurs explain a lot. I'm sure they can cover more ground than reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute picture! And no grading and teaching until mid-January? As someone who works in education, I think that definitely deserves a happy dance. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks Nomes-- it is busy indeed.

    Cool huh, Erinn. My son James can insert dinosaurs into ANY storyline.

    Jess, I really can't believe I'd never heard of him. Game of Thrones is Oh.So.Good.

    right, Alicia? It's totally practical. The Apatosaurus is such a better choice than some reindeer.

    OMG is that the newly agented PAM commenting. Squee! You are doing your own happy dance right now, I'm sure! I will definitely enjoy the relaxed schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tis the season to do what you want, I say. Merry Christmas, to you and yours! If the blog police come looking for you, I'll tell them you ran of with Mr. Claus to Mexico!

    EJ

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.