Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday # Readathon

From the WhoRU blog, a readathon over the weekend. Pledge to read a few books and (if you like) donate to a local charity based on the amount you read.

I don't know if I'll get much reading in this weekend, but last weekend was a pretty good one for me, so I will try. I've pledged $5 per book I read. Our school is collecting money right now for an organization that works with homeless people, and that would be a perfect place to donate the money. You can buy toiletries and clothes or just given money so they can buy the items, so I know a cash donation is good with them.

Also I went to James' school book fair today (YAY!) and found a couple of MG books... so I have at least two relatively short and easy books at the top of my list.

I'm currently working on Sophie Kinsella's Can you Keep a Secret,
and up next are:
The Strange Case of Origami Yoda, and
The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate. She's a bug girl, so I'm all over it.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I signed up, too, and am pledging money. I don't know where I'll donate it yet, but am thinking that Operation Santa might be a good start. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked Can You keep a Secret. I t was fun and relaxing :)

    The Strange case of Origami Yoda was lots of fun too :)

    Happy reading

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it on your blog Mrs. DeRaps-- you find all the cool stuff!

    Nomes, I totally picked up the yoda book based on your suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool program! I love anything that encourages more reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I wish I had more time to read so that I can commit to it- but it is wonderful how this is promoting reading. Thumbs up :)

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.