Sunday, November 28, 2010

New look...you like?

I've been getting a little obsessed with re-tooling my blog. I have liked the last couple of template versions, but I felt it was getting jumbled and too busy. 


It's also difficult to find something unique that is not overwhelming.


So I figured out how to add tabs (go ahead, laugh if this is not a big deal to you. I am not ashamed to admit it took me at least an hour to figure out!)


I wanted to add images of insects, too because the only blogger template with bugs is this really busy and nausea-inducing dead fly background. 

It's just not me. 

I can add a giant image to the background here, but it seemed too distracting with the overlay.

So I opted for tabs, clean background, and some insect art images on the side panels. I tried to add an image to the title section, but it came out kooky.  Either below or behind my words, but not beside. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and how to fix it, do tell. 

Otherwise, let me know what you think of this... before I change it all again. :0)


7 comments:

  1. I really like the red -- it's a nice winter color. I have to be honest, though, that I have a really hard time reading white font. :-/ It tends to glow and blur together for me, but I also have kinda bad eyesight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red, too. Very holiday/ winter/ rich and warm. I don't have a problem with the white font. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red, but I wonder if the white writing bothers many others? Let me know!
    I looked around at sites I enjoy reading, and found most of them were light background/dark text. maybe I can play around with the background for the posts, and not lose the red frame...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pam-- I feel very uncluttered for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will you share the secret for doing tabs? I have yet to find a tutorial that works...

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.