Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Math for moms

(3 year old+ 5 year old) judo lessons+ [coffee in mom's hand+ laptop]= dead laptop

I am in shock.

It's like I've destroyed this external brain that I use for EVERYTHING.

I'm hoping that my hard drive can be recovered. I back up my most important files... but not everything all the time.

Glenna's Plot and Paper project takes on a level of practicality I hadn't considered before.


LAST WEEK TO ENTER THE BOOKS I LOVE CONTEST (see sidebar).


do you have a mom-oriented math problem to share?

4 comments:

  1. Time.

    15 minutes to get ready in the morning before children equals an hour with a kid.

    I tell time now but how many times a day I ask my daughter if she needs to go pee pee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! I've had my laptop die twice on me now, so I back up my work EVERY SINGLE DAY. But, it took me two times to learn that lesson.

    I don't have mommy math since I have no kids, but I have pet-owner math. :)

    (2 cats + keyboard) - (1 writer*barking dog) = kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk on my screen and a popped off spacebar

    ReplyDelete
  3. **HUGS**

    Thankfully, I'm pretty sure your HD will be recoverable. I'm so sorry that happened, I've been there and it's like losing an arm. (Only worse, because my arm doesn't contain my WIP!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. After my laptop death experience I backup my files every time I change anything in them. I keep a copy on a thumb drive, in my email, on dropbox... lol I'm not taking any chances.

    My mommy math:

    3yo + red pen + manuscript = well, you can imagine what that equals. ;)

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.