Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Road Trip Wednesday

It's time for a road trip on the YAHighway!

The topic of the day:


What would your ideal writing desk look like? Right down to the perfect pen or laptop.

Ahhhh, who doesn't enjoy fantasizing about a better workspace/living space or what have you?

My ideal writing spot would be off the grid, powered by a small solar array.















It would look out onto a glorious, contemplative, soothing garden like this one.















My desk would be a sit/stand combo workstation-- because sitting all day, even in the most comfortable chair, is not good for me.
















I am fine with my computer-- the lenovo Thinkpad. I would keep it.

And I would stock my drawers with dozens of my favorite pens, which in some huge gaffe of marketing, don't have the name written on them, so I have no idea what they're called.
I know them when I see them.

and I would keep a stack of recycled paper notebooks to fill with plots, characters, and other important tidbits.


4 comments:

  1. How- imagine writing an entire novel standing! That's very... interesting... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I could write the whole thing standing, but for working on some elements, like research, it might be a nice break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sit all day for my 9-5 job, so I totally get how you'd want a sit/stand combo. I can't imagine writing while standing, but reading or sketching out things definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those sit/stand combo desks! They've started integrating small versions into schools in some areas of the country, and it's working so well for the kids. It keeps them from getting antsy, apparently. Sure wish they'd had them back when I was in school!

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.