Wednesday, July 28, 2010

On the Road Again

Welcome to another Road Trip Wednesday, a blog carnival where the ladies of YA Highway post a weekly question and contributors and readers answer it on their blogs.

The topic this week is:

What’s the best book you read in July?



July was a good reading month for me.

Vacation...

a 17-hour car trip...

a husband willing to drive most of it...

all lend themselves to Kat getting to read a TON.

It was so nice- all the reading made it a true vacation. I read twelve books in July:

Hunger Games

Bog Child

The Sky is Everywhere

Shadow of the North

Tiger in the Well

The Tin Princess

The Collector

Stolen Children

Uglies

How to Ruin a Summer Vacation

The Girl with the Pearl Earring

Monster

It is tough to pick just one, but I have to go with The Sky is Everywhere, which I review here.

If able to pick a top four, it would be:

TSIE, The Girl with the Pearl Earring, The Tin Princess, and How to Ruin a Summer Vacation.


4 comments:

  1. This was my pick, too. Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twelve books in one month?! Man, maybe I should get married and go on vacation! ;) What an awesome hubby to drive so you could read.

    The Sky is Everywhere sounds awesome. I will definitely have to read it. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - how do you choose off that awesome list?

    I had the sky is everywhere as my fave pick of the month last month :) I already cant wait to re-read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. House of Rain, by Craig Childs. The author pieces together the history and migration of the 'Anasazi' people of the desert southwest by visiting various archeological sites. He follows ancient roads, visits well known sites, talks with archeologists, seeks out little known sites in the backcountry, makes new discoveries, and all of this mostly by backpacking.

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.