Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hi 5: Crossover-couples

A meme hosted by Cara @Chasing Words, Anne @Potter, Percy and I and Nomes of INKCRUSH


This weeks topic: Take some of your favourite characters and hook them up with characters from different books.



Dude. This is harder than I thought it would be.


Sarah from The Sky is Everywhere with Miles from Looking for Alaska. She’s just as beautiful and funky as Alaska, without the depression and suicidal tendencies. He will only move on with someone as dazzling as Alaska—and I think Sarah could be that for him. Let’s face it, he needs a break.


Peeta from Hunger Games with… Anne from Persuasion. (though I don’t really want to unimagine her with Wenthworth)—but Anne is so down to earth, so thoughtful and kind. I haven’t read past HG yet, but I felt like Katniss was almost too tough for this guy. She’s hardcore, and even though he’s a bada** in his own right, maybe he just needs someone who will adore him. Maybe he deserves that.



Post-pretty Tally from Uglies with Daniel Cleaver from Bridget Jones’ Diary. Because they both like pretty things, look pretty, and would do inconsequential but pretty-minded things together. Pretty. Pretty. Pretty. They’re the people you don’t like, but you keep their holiday card on the fridge a long time just to prove you actually know some beautiful people, too.






Jim from the Sally Lockhart books (who I just learned is played by new Dr. Who (Matt Smith) in the BBC movies) with the scrappy Beatrice from Hoot. This may seem a little pedo—but please let me explain. In the first book, the character of Jim is NOT supposed to be Matt Smith’s age. He should be around 12-14. Beatrice Leap is also in that range. He’s a cheeky and incredibly clever scamp from the slums of Victorian-era London, she’s a street-smart eco-warrior from modern-day Florida. They’ve both led hard lives and are a little edgier for it. Together they would make the ultimate tough couple with a heart of gold.



Katniss Everdeen and Huck Finn. He is the only character who can equal her. They can play a few pranks, forage for food, kill animals with a bow and arrow, fish, lead a slave revolt, shelter runaways, then build a raft and float down the Mississippi. Together they can do anything.

6 comments:

  1. oooh - thanks for playing.

    I love katniss and Huck Finn. Such an awesome match!

    And yay for picking someone nice for Miles, Alaska was always too dark for him and completely out of his reach, haha :)

    It was hard for me too - b/c I like who most my fave charaters have in their own stories, hard to imagine them with someone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for participating!

    At first I went, 'Miles, who the hell is-OHHHH, PUDGE!' Lol. I always forget his actual name. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting concept for a meme! And I too think Katniss and Huck would make a sensational cast in their own story. Good choice!

    Thanks for signing up for the Bernard Pivot Blogfest. I look forward to your answers and to getting to know you better!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that would be super hard...nice work with it!

    Swinging by from blogfest to say Hi and follow.
    The Survival Mama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Totally cool. I like these choices.

    ReplyDelete

YAY for comments! Thanks for adding to the conversation.